Dirt on the hands
Every single thing that we do are like dirt on our hands. It may not show, but it's there. At the end of the day, when the hands are washed and dried up, was getting our hands dirty worth the while? or were they just stains that needed to be washed out as soon as possible and be forgotten?
Friday, November 11, 2005
sleeping bites
I always try to find things about myself to correct. In the past 2 years I've changed a lot, mostly emotional and psychologically though. Spiritually I've still too much ground to cover that it scares me.

My latest project was my sleeping pattern. A couple of weeks ago my sleeping habit was to sleep at 9am and wake up around 3pm or so and it had been going on for almost a month. Went through Ramadhan without even feeling it. That wasn't really a good thing though, makes me groggy most of the days and only active at nite so the cycle goes on. Now however, I'm almost normal. By almost I mean sleeping at 9pm and waking at 430am. It's better than the other schedule but not by much really -_- Now, it seems that I get a headache signalling that I've past my bedtime when it's 15 minutes after I just had dinner! Boroi la nanti huhuh. I'm almost normal but not quite. Do I subconsciously object against being normal with normal people's habits? The last time that I slept at 11pm and wake up at 630am was when I was working last April or something. Last week I slept at 11pm and wake up at 230am and stayed up the rest of the nite and that was Raya nite.
posted by Elman @ 6:50 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Suriya said…

    This is my view on this:
    I am a night person myself. In fact I am only fully functional after lunch except when I take care of what I eat , then I am alert and functionaing from morning. So people do have their biorythms. My spiritual teacher is a believe in melatonin and would take some tablets to correct his sleep pattern . For students I always ask them to pick their best time of day or night to study and plan their day around this.
    Of course when we have to go to work we somehow manage to adjust.
    I would not worry too much about the timing unless it is causing a problem like not attending class etc. Just make sure you do not miss prayers and spend some time on zikr or reading the Quran. Yesterday I was fasting and developed a bad headache by afteroon..this headache went away when I did my solat zuhur..so I know that solat and zikr gives energy , takes away tiredness and creates the zest and enthusiasm for life..aks Bangah, he also says the same!

    BTW I redid my website all by myself , with frames and all , feeling a sense of accomplishment over it!..check it out and comment on it ..
    http://nursyifa.info

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sleep patterns ? They gotta do with some hormone and some bodyclock thing..ah dunno , Ahm still half asleep man

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you can wake up at 4.30 am, then we can be buddies. I am a very light sleeper. The whole of Ramadhan, I always wake up BEFORE the alarm clock starts to ring, can you beat that?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me
Name:Elman J
Home: Malaysia
About Me: Too many faults to list, too many problems to solve. I myself am an on-going project and it is a project that I intend to succeed at.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Shoutbox

Links
Archives
Powered by


BLOGGER