Dirt on the hands
Every single thing that we do are like dirt on our hands. It may not show, but it's there. At the end of the day, when the hands are washed and dried up, was getting our hands dirty worth the while? or were they just stains that needed to be washed out as soon as possible and be forgotten?
Monday, November 14, 2005
Eating in
Most of my friends are too busy to hang around lately since they all either have their own projects to see to or going off on dates with their girlfriends. Being one of the few remaining guys from my batch who are still single, that sorta poses a problem for me since it's boring to eat meals alone -_-. The only reason this post came to be is because I had to eat by myself for the 4th consecutive night!

The other remaining bachelors from my batch have their own story to tell on why they are still single; there is the guy who is afraid to talk to girls, the one who was dumped 2 years ago but still hasn't gotten over it, the one who waited for a girl for 5 years and is still in limbo waiting for her response, and then there is me, the guy who has a lot of girl acquaintances but still avoids being in a relationship (most of them are in relationships anyways, I find those types to be better conversationalists. They're not that self-conscious compared to the single ones, with a few exceptions).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a player (although my best bud's gf thinks I do seem like one if she didn't know me better >_<). There are a lot of reasons I suppose to why I'm still single. My grandma even asked me once whether it's because I'm just not interested in girls. That is definitely not one of the reasons!

I don't really think about it much anymore, even though I do get bugged by my family about it a lot. I just sorta started thinking about it after I went to my friend's acquaintance's wedding last Sunday. The marrying couple were both the same age as me and look where they're at. My mom would be more than happy to matchmake me if I ever let her, I'm most certain of that but I'm not really in that desperate a situation yet =P I'll get my ducks in a row and when the time is right, I'll find someone.
posted by Elman @ 8:57 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 12:46 AM, Blogger Suriya said…

    OK you re off the hook with me. When the time is right , the right girl will come along. You still have to think what kind of qualities you want in a life partner and, more than that what kind of life partner you want to be .

     
  • At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how come u x ajk me mkn?takot kene pau izzit?:p

     
  • At 5:07 AM, Blogger Elman said…

    ma - i do think about those things. not that seriously tohugh, since my ducks are still pretty much all over the place.

    jac - ima just too darned lazy to come around to your block ar :P

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Suriya said…

    Itik apa ? Ma tak ada pula nampak Man bela itek?

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elman, are you still 23? If you follow my footsteps, then you'll have another six wonderful years to browse through the catalogue. Take your time. There's no hurry in matters such as this. When the right girl comes along, you just know it. Ask my beloved, kalau tak percaya.
    Maybe I should write an entry on this. Got to seek permission from beloved, first. ;)

     
  • At 4:20 AM, Blogger Elman said…

    yea, i'm in no rush. actually if anybody asks me when i'm getting married i tell em 30 :P

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger ahnali said…

    sape ducks tu?? hmm hmmmmmm

    huhuuuu..dun want bangcik to have gf! only if the girl is nice n wont curik bangcik away frm me.. v.v

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Elman said…

    you people don't get the ducks la... sian itik2 tuh.
    "getting my ducks in a row" is like getting the things that are important to you in order u know.

    and hana hang mmg camtuh, kakak nak kawin dulu pun bleh merajuk! :P

     
  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger Ahmad Hilmi said…

    hana memang majuk lak. anyways matok really asked you question like dat aaa??? huihs... would that matok asked in front of all of us aaaaaaa........

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger Elman said…

    was like 2 years ago la matok tanye. lame dah ~

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me
Name:Elman J
Home: Malaysia
About Me: Too many faults to list, too many problems to solve. I myself am an on-going project and it is a project that I intend to succeed at.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Shoutbox

Links
Archives
Powered by


BLOGGER