Dirt on the hands
Every single thing that we do are like dirt on our hands. It may not show, but it's there. At the end of the day, when the hands are washed and dried up, was getting our hands dirty worth the while? or were they just stains that needed to be washed out as soon as possible and be forgotten?
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Eidul Mubarak ~
Happy Eid to all Muslims =) I had a pretty ok day to be sure. We had prayers at the local mosque before going to my gran's for some raya breakfast. Mmmm.... nothing like rendang itik with lemang on a nice Eid morning heheh. So anyways, just right as we started on the road towards KL I almost ran over a cat. I heard a popping sound just as I emergency braked, I thought it was the cat's head popping while my dad thought it was the cat hitting the car's bumper. Luckily though it was neither and the cat ran off mischieviously back into whatever drain it had been lurking before heheh. Talk about pessimistic views =P

I don't really like long distance driving. The longest drive that I've made was from Melaka to JB and that's only like an hour and a half to 2 hours drive. The reason that I don't like it is actually because there is a speed limit. The hassle of constantly looking at the speedometer to make sure that I haven't gone above it is sorta tiring to me. I miss the times when I just got the car and couldn't care less what speed I was driving at, much to the dismay of my mom when she got the speeding ticket though huhuh. Now, I'm more or less a more law abiding driver(not all the time though). No more speeds above 130kmph for me. Noooo sir.

I actually get very alert when I drive at high speeds. The need for optimal concentration makes me calm and at these times I find that I could think more clearly on stuff. It's something that I do less of now though. My mom gets worried everytime I drive fast although it is a temptation when you know the car you're in can move much much faster.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I just serviced my car last weekend. Everytime I send my car to the service centre that I was recently introduced to, I'm very much satisfied. The people and service there is very nice, I had a water-logged rear lamp that has been that way for months which Proton wouldn't let me claim warranty because it was caused by me being rear-ended, the place however offered to claim it for me with no hassle at all. That was the case also with my fog lamps, it was clear as day that the lamp was broken by a passing stone or something but the boss there didn't mind at all. Although they do put in some things that usually I don't do for a regular service, like the oil treatment and such, all in all it's not bad at all. (there is the matter of time though, usual servicing is like 1 hour, last weekend however, I spent a total of 5 and a half hours for everything to be done. not counting the extra hour to go to batu pahat and back to the highway again hahah! -_-)
posted by Elman @ 9:44 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Suriya said…

    You don t like to drive cos ma and ba tido and you cannot sleep! ;-)

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    5hrs plus??giler sehhh..thankgudness i dun hafta go thru dat agn..;p

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Elman said…

    ma - ah yes, there is that lil point whereby i can't sleep anymore in the car like i used to ;p

    jac - i got new victims this time hahah. yaser and wan didn't realize what they were signing up for when they tagged along

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Ahmad Hilmi said…

    Huh nice having vistims when ur servicing ur car. me just wait a-lone or wif a book. nyways what 1 1/2 to 2 hours to JB? that's from melaka to KL man!!! going back to the apt travelling a lil bit over the speed limit takes about 1 hours 45 mins. wonderin whether u'll be getting some more tickets :P oh i got flagged for speeding the other day and the police guy let me go wah. well nyways my 2005 record x break. lesseee 2006 caner lak wif speeding and tickets

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me
Name:Elman J
Home: Malaysia
About Me: Too many faults to list, too many problems to solve. I myself am an on-going project and it is a project that I intend to succeed at.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Shoutbox

Links
Archives
Powered by


BLOGGER