Dirt on the hands
Every single thing that we do are like dirt on our hands. It may not show, but it's there. At the end of the day, when the hands are washed and dried up, was getting our hands dirty worth the while? or were they just stains that needed to be washed out as soon as possible and be forgotten?
Monday, December 05, 2005
Poisoned!
I just had my worse case of food poisoning ever! I went to KL last Sunday to go to my friend's post Raya or something open house in Subang and do some errands for my mom while I was there. So anyways, I felt it weird that I had no appetite after only my 2nd dish while the friend who accompanied me was on to his 5th plate. Come to think of it, who ever heard of Laksa Penang with belacan in it? Well, this "Laksa Penang" which what I was eating had it. Not only that, the colour of the kuah was dark brown from the amount of belacan. I asked a few times and they did say it was "Laksa Penang" each time so I didn't think much of it.

So anyways, I felt kembung all evening after that and was so tired that I actually went to bed around 10pm, popping an anti-histemine pill just in case la. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling so loya and short of breath. I was light headed everytime I had to stand up. I wonder what would have happened if I didn't take the anti-histemine pill beforehand? huhuh, I'd prolly faint or something. The guy who ate 5 whole plates of everything didn't even so much as sneeze today. Guess it was just me and the belacan. Woke up the next morning at 10am still feeling so tired. When force myself to eat a couple of bread rolls they felt like lumps of clay sliding down my throat ughh.

So anyways, I promised a friend I'd meet him at his workplace during his lunch break so I drove over to Great Eastern Mall and chilled at the Starbucks for an hour or so before going to my aunt's place in Gombak and then back to Malacca. All the while feeling like throwing up. Fun fun day!
posted by Elman @ 6:19 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Suriya said…

    Hmm maybe you are allergic to the belacan. Well laksa penang does have a bit of belacan but gradma does not put any because the family is generally quite allergic to belacan. Next time listen to your body, when it says stop eating , you stop!

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Elman said…

    well, it's sorta rude to not fiinsh the food on the plate at least at an open house so I did that and didn't eat anything else. was so kembung by the time i finished whats there anyways ><

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aik...both mak dan anak sama-sama tidak sihat? Macam janji-janji pula, ek?
    Take care and get well soon.
    I only want to hear good, positive and happy stories when I come back nanti.

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Alhamdulillah, walaupun telah mencuba bermacam-macam makanan sejak berada di Bangkok ni, tak terkena pula 'food poisoning.'
    Are you better now, Aiman?

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Elman said…

    I'm ok now, thans fer asking. but before I got well, I did manage to get my mom and dad to contract the fever first huhuh

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me
Name:Elman J
Home: Malaysia
About Me: Too many faults to list, too many problems to solve. I myself am an on-going project and it is a project that I intend to succeed at.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Shoutbox

Links
Archives
Powered by


BLOGGER