Dirt on the hands
Every single thing that we do are like dirt on our hands. It may not show, but it's there. At the end of the day, when the hands are washed and dried up, was getting our hands dirty worth the while? or were they just stains that needed to be washed out as soon as possible and be forgotten?
Thursday, February 22, 2007
fraying ropes
I'm sorta on short temper atm. A coupld of weeks ago one of my friends asked me to join him with this online investment thingy. As soon as I heard it, I told him that I don't think this is halal, it gives out fixed rates. He said all the ustaz etc are doing it and they said it was ok. I told him that i really don't think that it's right so don't talk to me about it. Earlier today he sent out an email to a bunch of people about how he invested USD1000 and he already got back his investment and posted pics of his online account etc. I bloody well told him that this thing is not halal, and he still doesn't believe me. Quoting stuff like, lain pendapat so tak semestinye salah la etc etc. Lain pendapat my ass. Orang berlainan pendapat pun agree that FIXED RATE IS RIBA'! If he was here I'd smack him. Just coz I'm rarely serious doesn't mean I'm never serious so he thinks he could go around typing inane stuff going "hehehe" and I'll back off.

Going along with my already short temper, I was called upon this guy from HR who can't watch his son's wedding photos coz the drive was intermittently reading the disc. I told him that with burned DVDs, you sometimes can't read them, it is their nature to be intermittent. Then he told me he'll ask my colleague to come and help him since I can't. Yeah, right. Wong would just tell me to go down there and see what he wants and laugh when I told him what the guy wants. So anyways, I checked his software and whatnot. Nope, nothing wrong. Hardware, can read fine etc etc. Just to get him off my back tho I told him that I would call Dell to see if they would replace his drive.

I get it's human nature that when you can't vent at a certain person, you go and let it out at somoene else. So when I called Dell, and the Dell guy told me to go back down there and check it with a dell diagnostic CD, I went about and told him "Whatever for? I used all kinds of CDs and it was intermittent. music CDs, movie DVDs, burned CDs and DVD. The drive sucks, replace it for me." So he told me that he can't write a report saying "drive sucks, need to replace". Ok, so I lost my cool there. I guess it's typical when dealing with helpdesks to see who gets to make the other side look stupid first. I did back off and told him that I would do what he asked (in 2 weeks, seeing that I do not have a dell diagnostics CD this week and user out of town next week).

Anyways, the Dell guy called me a few hours later asking me the status of the cd player. I told him that I couldn't do what he asked til the week after next. He then told me to email him the serial number and he'll see what he can do. Pretty nice guy I think. Feel bad now that I was almost rude to him. Being rude only makes you feel like an ass.
posted by Elman @ 2:37 PM  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me
Name:Elman J
Home: Malaysia
About Me: Too many faults to list, too many problems to solve. I myself am an on-going project and it is a project that I intend to succeed at.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Shoutbox

Links
Archives
Powered by


BLOGGER