Dirt on the hands
Every single thing that we do are like dirt on our hands. It may not show, but it's there. At the end of the day, when the hands are washed and dried up, was getting our hands dirty worth the while? or were they just stains that needed to be washed out as soon as possible and be forgotten?
Monday, February 12, 2007
>.>
I haven't been updating my blog lately. Just don't have anything to say. Well, that's not true really since everyday when I commute to work I think of all the useless crap that I could just put up in my blog but I just haven't been that rajin lar.

A few weeks ago, Slam's car broke down when he wanted to go to work. Coincidentally, that day was one of the few days that I got to my workplace before 8.45 am. So I just got in, turned in my lappy so that my boss know's I checked in then sent him to work. I got back to work around 10.30 or so but who cares as long as I logged in before 9, right? :P So anyways, later that evening it rained pretty hard. Slam sent me a message "it's raining :(". Knowing that he would have to wait for the bus in the rain, I replied "good for you". His reply made me laugh, "You have an asshole in your soul". Hahah, well, I do have a mean streak sometimes and Slam is usually the guy that get's the brunt of it, since all we ever do is argue and see who gets to make the other guy miserable first. Meh, I still had to pick him up from OU later that evening and send him back to his apartment though. Guess I'm not such a big meanie afterall.

One thing that I notice about myself is that I am a mirror. If I talk to someone who is good in English, then my English would be good. If I talk to someone with lousy English, then my English would be worst than his. If I hang around with someone who talks a lot, I talk as much or more and vice versa. Being a mirror is not my way of blending in, I don't really feel the need to blend in actually, but it's just who I am. Maybe it is my subconcisous way of wanting to blend in, who knows. Sometimes I force myself to talk when I don't want to, whenever I do that, it just falls apart and I start rambling. I think the people fom my office who never see me talk gets quite surprised when they catch me alone and start talking to me and find out that I really do talk a lot.
posted by Elman @ 5:15 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger Suriya said…

    good communicators always mirror the person they are with because then they connect better and make themselves understood . I am the same , it comes naturally but when you study effective communication you realise that is the way to do it. Not like some people of certain negeri who always speak in their own loghat even though nobody can understand what they are saying..really really bad communicators laaa

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me
Name:Elman J
Home: Malaysia
About Me: Too many faults to list, too many problems to solve. I myself am an on-going project and it is a project that I intend to succeed at.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Shoutbox

Links
Archives
Powered by


BLOGGER