Dirt on the hands
Every single thing that we do are like dirt on our hands. It may not show, but it's there. At the end of the day, when the hands are washed and dried up, was getting our hands dirty worth the while? or were they just stains that needed to be washed out as soon as possible and be forgotten?
Sunday, January 04, 2009
I'm lost in between the taugeh trees

4 posts in a day huh? I'm not done yet though. I really appreciate the comments and IM's asking if I'm fine and all. I'm fine. The concern shown really made me happy. <3

One thing going through my mind that makes me somewhat lost is that I've not always been the person I am now. If I show confidence, charm, cool, wit, cocky and most of the other personality traits that I usually show at work or in a social setting, most of them are all developed and learned over time. What about the old me? The shy quiet guy who doesn't know how to socialize? What happened to that dude? Should he be forgotten? I am still that dude though. I am shy and quiet. I am self conscious and afraid. I hated getting compliments. I know some of them are considered as improvements but people don't really change their personalities that fast though.

I'll give an example. I don't like to socialize. I don't like to talk to people I don't know. One year ago, if I need to know something about my bank for instance, I would try my best not to call. I would check online. I would ask my friends. Six months ago, I would call the bank no problem. Even before checking up online sometimes. Three months ago, if i buy stuff at the store I would just pay up and leave. Now... I can even banter with the cashier at times.

One thing I should really trash is the cockiness I've come to develop. I hate getting compliments usually. It embarrasses me. So what do I do with it now? If someone says I look young, I'll say "I KNOW!". If someone says I'm photogenic (I AM NOT!), I will say "I KNOW!". Aaaaaaand it goes with every other thing also, even for the things that I don't believe is true. Even I am annoyed with myself when I do that!

I'm not saying that I hate myself now. I won't be suitable for the line of work I'm currently in if I don't have the traits I have now anyways. It's just typical symptom of a person getting older I suppose. Reminiscing and remembering the old days.

posted by Elman @ 11:37 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me
Name:Elman J
Home: Malaysia
About Me: Too many faults to list, too many problems to solve. I myself am an on-going project and it is a project that I intend to succeed at.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Shoutbox

Links
Archives
Powered by


BLOGGER