Dirt on the hands
Every single thing that we do are like dirt on our hands. It may not show, but it's there. At the end of the day, when the hands are washed and dried up, was getting our hands dirty worth the while? or were they just stains that needed to be washed out as soon as possible and be forgotten?
Monday, January 05, 2009
moderation in all things

It's never good to have too much or too less of anything. Even things that are originally considered good.

For example, let's take a good trait and what if there is just too much of it. We'll go with a trait is is always considered as good; Honesty. Being honest is as always good. However if you're honest to a fault, you will most probably shoot yourself in the foot. Anything that is even slightly bad can be construed as something terrible, especially if you're so honest you don't try to sugar-coat it with and tact. Do you need to tell someone that you used to have this boil on your ass which oozes green puss and smells really bad and it makes you itch all the time even though it is gone? Oh and it also makes a big black pucker on your asscheeks which you will fiddle with when you're alone. (It's just a metaphor of something that doesn't need to be known, is not even of much importance, but once you tell it that way, well, it's just disgusting. It's not even a disgusting thing to begin with but with that much honesty in explaining something, it just sounds...bad)

No you don't have to tell all this things. No one should. Is it really honesty to tell of the stuff that isn't supposed to be known? It is all too much information. It is unnecessary information. It is something to just forget about. I need to learn tactness.

What about traits that are considered bad? What if you just have too little of it?

I don't have that much of an ego. So what does that lead up to? I don't care what I feel or think. Other people's thoughts are of much more importance. I can sacrifice myself, as long as others people are not inconvenienced. I don't really matter since I am not of much importance. Ego does play a role in a balanced personality. No one is ever that unimportant. To think yourself as such basically means that you think you are just trash. It just leads to low self esteem and self-hate.

Kinda weird when I don't really have that big a self esteem issue when I have an ego problem. Not to say that I don't have it at all, but I just need more of it.

posted by Elman @ 11:26 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me
Name:Elman J
Home: Malaysia
About Me: Too many faults to list, too many problems to solve. I myself am an on-going project and it is a project that I intend to succeed at.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Shoutbox

Links
Archives
Powered by


BLOGGER